About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Norma Angelika Perez. I am a double major at St. Peter's College.(Communications and Elementary Education) I hope to either get into Broadcasting or Administration in EE...=D

Monday, November 3, 2008

Portfolios

In class I saw different types of what people considered to be "portfolios". When I think of portfolios I think of folders with a collection of the student's best work. At least that is how portfolios worked when I was in school. I am pretty sure that I will use portfolios in my future classrooms. It's good to have your student's best work in a folder so that he/ she can see all of their accomplishments as the year goes by. It is also good for the teacher that the students will have the following year so that they can see the students best work and know that they are capeable of doing good work. When I was in high school, we had a checklist at the beginning of the year inside our portfolios. The list was of all the things that we would be putting inside our portfolios once the projects or essays were completed and revised. As we completed them, we would simply check it off the list and by the end of the year hopefully we had everything in our portfolios that was required because we also receieved a portfolio grade from our English teacher. I think that I will use my portfolios the same way as I did when I was in school unless there is a specific way that the school I am working at wants them done.

No comments: