About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Norma Angelika Perez. I am a double major at St. Peter's College.(Communications and Elementary Education) I hope to either get into Broadcasting or Administration in EE...=D

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lessons

Overall. I think that all of the lessons have been good. I've learned a lot from them. I wasn't there for the first two lessons but Janira told me about the index cards and I was like "wow". That is such as great idea because it's the reality part of teaching. All the other classes where I have done mini lessons have been a piece of cake. Everyone listens and everyone does what they are supposed to do. Yeah right, if only it was that easy I think there would be hundreds of more teachers. I am an assistant teacher in Preschool and sometimes I have to chase them around so that they can actually sit. They literally run away from me so that I can catch them. It's crazy which is why I prefer to teach 4th or 5th graders. Hopefully I won't have to chase them around the classroom. Well good luck to everyone who hasn't gone yet (I am one of them!). and Good Job to the ones that already did!

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

You may not have to chase the 5th graders, but you never know! I actually had a fourth grader lock himself in a locker once!

Teaching is never predictable!

Wendy said...

Yes, you are right! We forget the small detail about the students’ behavior in the classroom, which has a huge influence in the classroom environment and the way teachers teach. I am also enjoying all the lessons because we are learning so much from each other. Hey, I didn't mean to punish you, but yes you were a little out of control, ha! I am still waiting for your presentation, I wish you the best Luck!!!